Pages

Monday 9 February 2015

Shaker cards

Hi all!
With a busy start to a new job, I've not had much time for cardmaking, but a challenge on Virginia's View Challenge got me into the craft room, and busy.
I've made a watercolour shaker card using the Mama Elephant Peek a Frame die, and some bright blue fun foam. I'm really hoping to get some white, but that's all they had at my little country town.
I painted a panel using distress inks and a paintbrush, then cut the window and foam using the die, and scissors. The acetate is a piece left over from doing up a doll's house with my dad.
I then raided my daughter's seed bead stash and my own sequins, and filled the six windows. This was my first attempt at a shaker card, and I like the result, although I can already see places where I can make things easier for myself.
Hope you enjoy it too.

3 comments:

  1. Great shaker card (especially for your first one!)! I love the colors you chose! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is utterly lovely! Way to use the frame die and sequins! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Shaker Cards” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful window to look out at!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete